Tuesday 8 May 2012

Uh... Tuesday 5: Tuesday Harder

Just a short post here.
Had to go out today to handle some very serious business downtown that I don't think I should talk about publicly yet just to be on the safe side, but after that business was dealt with me and my mother went to buy video games and this post here is written to tell you about my new purchases.

I'm a fan of Video Games AWESOME! and have enjoyed their Rayman Origins playthrough so far, and seeing how much fun the game can be and after listening to the soundrack on YouTube for an hour I decided to buy the game myself for PS3. If you recall, and I'm guessing you don't, last year when I did my shitty E3 2011 recap I wrote that, and I quote myself here, the game "looked interesting" and had "fun looking levels". What does that have to do with me buying the game now? Nothing, I just remembered mentioning it in the past.
By the way, I want to wish the best of luck for the VGA crew in these perilous times as they are the newest victims of Google's unexplained AdSense-account closing sprees. If you've ever heard of AdSense accounts closing in the past you know that Google does not provide people any reason for banning them from the service, which is incredibly stupid because you supposedly do have a chance to appeal and have your account reinstated, but in order to appeal you must tell them first what it is you did wrong. But then, how can you admit your guilt to them when you haven't done anything wrong and don't know what they're accusing you of, and if you have done something wrong and admit to it then why would your appeal pass? It's insane, and Fraser was actually spot on in his video when he called it Kafkaesque. The whole ordeal is indeed very much like 'The Trial'.
And Google making the decisions to ban people from using AdSense for life at random... talk about draconian. Don't think a single human works at Google, I think all these things are just caused by automated systems with faulty design that the people over there never redesign.
The FFSTV crew has created some of the most entertaining video game related content on the Internet (AVG and VGA) and the most entertaining unscripted video game related content on the Internet so I really hope they get through all this with minimal amount of financial trouble and can continue to entertain all of us, but most importantly me, till the end of time. Hopefully with more AVG.
And if I understood correctly from the video, at least Fraser's email from Google seemed to be longer than the one I got when my AdSense account was closed, so he should consider himself special.

Another game I bought for PS3 is LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. The first three Indiana Jones films have just recently come on TV with the fourth one to be aired next Sunday, and naturally I watched them all and am now in the perfect Indy-mood which greatly affected my decision to fork out 30€ for the game because the fourth movie, while I do not hate it, will not quench my thirst for more. Also, LEGO games of this ilk (LEGO Star Wars, Batman, et cetera) have always been fun and top-quality, though, so I am confident that this game is great as well. I will not, however, play the game immediately through. I own a few other of these type of LEGO games and in the past I've always done the first playthrough co-operatively with my sister. It's just so much more fun trying to figure out what to do with another person and it's well worth the wait, which I'm guessing will be a long one seeing how busy and ill people seem to be these day. Don't think my sister will come over and play any video games with me any time soon. But there's always hope.

I also bought Way of the Samurai 2 for the PS2. I hope it's as good as I expect it to be.

My mother also bought two games for herself. She got Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood and James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace, both for PS3.

Aaand that's about it. I've bought some more games on GOG.com as well since the last post, but I'll talk about those once I finally get around to playing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment