Friday 11 December 2009

Thursday

I got about 3 hours of sleep last night.
Got up early, ate sandwiches and watched the Game Heroes podcasts I have missed.
I thought it looked nice outside so I went out for a walk. It was snowing gently. Real snow.
I came home, ate dinner and played more GTA IV multiplayer. Got nearly a million dollars now, four more to go. God damn Rockstar!
Tried creating a level in LBP, but it just doesn't go nicely. The camera spans away whenever I need to be precise, stuff doesn't work the way it should, objects that shouldn't be a single object get too complicated and disappear and I can't remember anything about the basic tutorials, let alone know something about the more experienced creation methods, like custom 3D background.

Yesterday I played more Fable. It started getting a bit better, but it still doesn't feel like the RPG I want to play right now, or the game people made it sound like back in it's glory days. It's a good game, but it's still just a good game. I also don't feel like the extra stuff like marriage or renting houses etc. adds any real value to the gameplay. All I seem to do is kill things, save people, find books and bring them to a teacher and between every quest I try to plot some way to steal everything valuable from shops.
My Guile is LVL 5, and it doesn't add much to the game, the ability to sneak better doesn't bring anything new. I still have to kill everything to be successful and even the sneaking into the bandit camp task wasn't anything special. I snuck past three guards and killed the others, and a full Bandit suit is apparently only useful ONCE after which all bandits recognize you through the costume.
I'm going to cut my speech about the game here and just say that if I were to write a review of Fable: The Lost Chapters, it would most definitely be positive regardless of all the flaws I pick out. I'm going to try and play a bit further to see if I'm completely wrong about the game, and if so, in what way.

Should play Fallout 2 already, but I'll save it for when I'm completely bored of Sims 2, which I haven't played since the night I bought it. I know a few mods I'll download before playing it though, so I better get at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment