Friday 6 May 2011

Bought more games. I buy them in threes.

Last Monday I was out helping my sister put her artwork on display in this small art boutique downtown.

Last Wednesday I once again went out to buy used PC games. I specifically went to buy Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for PC, as I've been looking to get it for a few years now and finally found it. Probably pointless to describe it as I'm sure most of you know what is even better than I do, but it's a roleplaying game in a world of vampires, and to my understanding it was made by largely the same people who were behind creating some of the Fallout games, although I personally haven't checked and compared the creators' names and the companies behind this game and any of the Fallout games have seemingly nothing to do with each other, so I don't know. I've probably just been fed false information again, or maybe the Fallout game in question was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Anyway, I had to get my hands on this game when I heard that it really IS an actual role-playing game and not just an "RPG". I'm going to create a stealthy character and play as sneaky as possible.
I also bought Commandos 2: Men of Courage and Commandos 3: Destination Berlin for PC, they're isometric point-and-click real-time strategy stealth games. Ever since I found out that I like this particular type of RTS through Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive I've had a longterm plan of getting into the Commandos series as well, and as I was looking around the store for anything else I could buy to go with Vampire The Masquerade and saw both Commandos 2 and 3 I finally decided to pick them up. I gave Commandos 2 a bit of a whirl yesterday after I got pissed off at Contract J.A.C.K. and here's two things I found out: 1) Oh, man, it's confusing and 2) Oh, man, it's awesome! There's such a ridiculous amount of things you can do with the different classes that it easily beats SWAT 3 in terms of beginner's confusion when trying to understand what the actions are and how to do them and when and where, but it's so damn fun and rewarding once you do get the hang of everything. Without having really even started the game I can already whole-heartedly recommend Commandos 2: Men of Courage to most people. Go buy it!

I have also been able to play quite a lot in the past week so I'll post my thoughts on possibly and hopefully six games in separate blog posts. Probably not all of them today, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment