Monday 26 October 2009

26.10.2009

Just a short update today, I have a headache.

I completed Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and it's now up on YouTube in full. Didn't like the game much. I don't hate it, I was just disappointed because after I read reviews for the first three Hitman games and prepared myself for hating Codename 47 since it really got a lot of shit tossed at by critics, I found myself fallen in love with the first game despite the bad press and naturally expected a lot from Hitman 2 because it got great reviews.
Hitman 2 wasn't really an entire step forward, more of a step diagonally towards both technical advancement and bad ideas.

Another walkthrough I have completely completed and edited is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for PC. I'll be uploading this classic adventure game walkthrough sometime soon.
It's one of the few adventure games that I know where you have some vague sense of what you're doing.
I like the idea of slowly solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles by acquiring and combining items and objects, but many adventure games have such idiotic ideas that they're not really tricky or puzzling, just plain illogical. I don't like going around and clicking every hotspot everytime I pass a room and using every item in everything just in case the blue crayon I have is used to defeat the evil electrical monster that for no reason appeared from somewhere.

I have hoarded a bunch of horror (and "horror") movies I haven't seen before, because Halloween is right around the corner, and I'm planning to watch the films along the week and then on Halloween watch some of my favourite movies that I know are great.
Some of the stuff I'm going to see during the week are the original Amityville Horror, the remake of House on Haunted Hill, Child's Play 1-5, and what I'm most excited about seeing, a whole bunch of Twilight Zone episodes. Don't know how many TZ episodes I'll watch, maybe I'll try to get all the released DVDs.
I intend to watch movies like The Thing, Evil Dead 2, Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead and Clue on Halloween. You might wonder how Clue is related to horror and... it isn't. I just really fucking love it.

I hope I don't get carried away with the movies, because before Hitman Contracts I'm planning to do a walkthrough of a horror game and have it fully uploaded by the end of the month. We'll see how well that goes, a deadline with a horror game. I'll have to pee my pants on a tight schedule.

And no, the game isn't Silent Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment