Wednesday 15 April 2009

Desperados Wanted Dead

A guy named Giovanni, some musician who I've never heard of before, apparently hates Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive and politely asked YouTube to forcefully remove my Desperados videos, so now I must upload the Desperados walkthroughs, both 1 and 2 (in case whoever made the music for 2 is a similar douche), on PWNorDIE. I don't really like PWNorDIE for a few reasons, mainly because there's no audience, adding the videos on my site is tougher work and the videos load up slowly. There's also advertisements... I hate ads, but then again not every video host is backed by Google and we must just accept it. I also dislike Google immensely, and if you've heard me rant about that AdSense shit they gave me, you know why.

Anyway, I wont stop making walkthroughs until my thumbs fall off, and even then I will try to learn how to use my oversized toes better, so PWNorDIE will be the future mother of my walkthroughs. I wont stop using YouTube, but since there are so many games they don't want there, I can promise quite a few walkthroughs for PWNorDIE. SInce PWNorDIE has no time limits, I will make videos longer than 10 minutes. Naturally I will cut them around 20-30 minutes at least, because waiting for a video load up again just because you had to leave for a few minutes and let your little sister check something online is a pain in the ass. But no limit on time gives me more freedom... no more 12 minute long missions cut into two 6 minute videos.

Other news... since Derek from Platinumwalkthroughs.co.uk kindly offered me free webspace and bandwidth, my old Warriors website is up there again. I should remake it when I have free time, because I think it looks crap and might have wrong info somewhere. It's also missing a lot of stuff, because after I had spent 3 days replaying the game over and over again to find out little details, writing up stuff like gang descriptions felt too boring. Besides, nobody even visits the page, usually only to copy information and spread it around forums as if they had done the work. Yes, this has happened, on GameFaqs.

I have also updated the Game Videos page so it looks nicer with game covers on the left and text copied from the back cover, but I think I'll make a new page for every letter because the page looks ugly in inline frames. I'll also keep that list of quicklinks on the menu. I find it to be easier to choose a game from there.
I will also try to work on the site more. Add reviews and written guides when I actually have time to make them. There just seems to be so many things going on at the same time that I can hardly find the time to actually play any games.
Although, tomorrow I was planning to go to a local game store and buy some cheap, used old games. I had in mind such classics as Fahrenheit (a.k.a Indigo Prophecy), Call of Juarez and Railroad Tycoon 3.

Also, I was thinking of starting a series of walkthroughs with a certain theme: wild west. I have 21 wild west games jotted down, all of them games I haven't yet done or started. Some of them look a bit tough to acquire due to their old age and unpopularity, but I'll do my best anyway.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment