Monday 17 May 2010

Hirttämättömät

Yesterday I watched a Finnish comedy western called "Hirttämättömät" (The Unhanged, 1971) to pass the time while waiting for next Friday. While watching it I thought about another way to spend time: translate the movie to English. As far as I know it has never been done officially so I thought I might just do it for fun, and fortunately the modern times have blessed us with the free software that allow people to do such a thing at home with ease. I've always wanted to try translating something big like that.
So, if you've always wanted to see the obscure Finnish comedy western that did so badly in theaters that it didn't even gross enough money to cover it's own shoestring budget, I may be able to offer you an unofficial English subtitle pack someday so you'll understand what the people in it are actually saying. Ofcourse you'd have to find the movie yourself, I'm no pirate.
Just line up and put your mark somewhere to be the first to get the download if it's ever ready!

Edit: I just checked, the movie has apparently really never gotten an official English translation, not even on the DVD release. Doesn't surprise me, to be honest. Not much of a market for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment