Wednesday 9 December 2009

Wednesday

Today I got up a bit later.

My initial thoughts on The Sims 2 and Fable: The Lost Chapters... I'm disappointed a bit.
In Sims, I couldn't care less about the neighbourhood's hopes and needs, all I want to do is create my own families, often based on real people I know or fictional characters from my favourite movies and games, and then build them houses and see what happens. In Sims 2... well, character creation isn't too great. If you didn't know, I own The Sims, The Sims: Bustin' Out and The Sims 2 for PS2 already, and I already gave a lot of crap for Sims 2 on PS2 for having a worse character creation than in Sims 1 or Bustin' Out. I didn't think the PC version had nearly as limited creation possibilities as the console version.
Furthermore, what little enjoyment I got out of guiding characters in life and making sure they pee and eat regularly came from achieving one reasonable goal after another. In the console Sims, every game started with creating a character and then finding a job, moving out, getting money and helping the people he lived with until he had his own huge mansion and had mastered every profession. In Sims 2 for the PC, the goals are somewhat similar but... it's not as clearly mission based if you get what I mean.
I'm still going to try and enjoy Sims 2, but what I think I'll do is look up useful mods, use cheats to give my custom created sims lots of money and build huge houses with clear themes.

Fable... it's a good game, but I'm still disappointed. It's not as great as I thought after all that positive feedback from people who have played it. Being a Sony man myself there's been only 2 games I've ever wanted to play from the Box side: Dead Rising and Fable. Fable has let me down, so now there's only one.
Still, I'm going to try play Fable and enjoy it. Like I said, it's not a bad game, it's just not what I expected and wanted. But, the price was low so I shouldn't complain, it's surely going to entertain me enough to justify the money invested in it.

I still haven't tried out Fallout 2. That could be the reason I'm so negative about the other games, and I was very tired yesterday when I played the games and couldn't focus. Fallout 2 is the sole reason I went to shop for games, and perhaps in the back of my brain some little angry guy is banging a kipper on the table and yelling "stop playing this crap game, we have Fallout 2 on the shelf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment