Friday 1 January 2010


Earthworm Jim
Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)
Eat Dirt!
Jim - Just an ordinary earthworm caught in a suit he doesn't understand. Faced with the daunting task of keeping the super-powered suit out of the evil clutches of his vicious enemies, you'll have to use every weapon and power at your disposal.
Use your whip, plasma blaster and hamster (umm...) to fight past Chuck and Fifi, Evil the Cat, Major Mucus and more in 9 levels of insane action.



Emulated with Kega Fusion
Recorded with Fraps
Awesome game, although anyone with any idea what video games are should already know that. This walkthrough is the first time I've finished the game, actually. Sad, but true.
Naturally there's some save states used, but until For Pete's Sake! it actually wasn't necessary to load a state. The cuts during the actual level of For Pete's Sake! are caused by my constant pausing of the game to catch my breath, since I think that's the hardest level. Sure, Intestinal Distress usually gets some hits in during a few spots and Buttville might be tricky, being the final level and all, but as a whole For Pete's Sake is, in my opinion, the hardest of all. It's odd I still feel that way, since from the three levels I mentioned, For Pete's Sake ! is the only one I've had practice in before.

Also, for the record, this is a no death run. Thanks to save states it's considerably easy to do it, although getting past Intestinal Distress with 10% starting health was a little more than tricky, what with one hit being a kill with the health so low. So regardless of the extra help, actual skill is involved. Save states only reduce the fear and frustration caused by death and corrupted video files.
By the way, usually the cover image I add in the top-right corner is from the PAL version (since that's typically what I have) but this time I added the Genesis cover because that's what my cover looks like, just without the word "Genesis".

Check the game music at Renegade466's YouTube Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment